Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Internet Marketing - Linking is dead, long live Linking! - Web Marketing | Google Groups

I'm sure some of you have read e-books and articles on the web that basically say that linking is a dead, or that it is at best a secondary concern. Many "experts" will tell you that links don't matter anymore because they don't affect your page rank enough.

Well, I say "Phooey!" to all that. Aren't links the backbone of search engine algorithms? When you conduct a search of your own, isn't there a link to related sites? These links to related sites could very well link back to your site. How many times have you looked at those sites when searching for something? I know I often do.

Reciprocal lnking is still alive and thriving. If you aren't applying this valuable technique to your website promotion, you are robbing yourself of potential buyers.

The article below is a good example of the reasons for you to use linking to promote your internet business. It opened my eyes, and I believe it will do the same for you.

Internet Marketing - Linking is dead, long live Linking! - Web Marketing Google Groups

No comments: